Monday, September 15, 2008

the mercedes is under a tree

its the name of the blog so i guess i should start with it, my mercedes is under a tree. it feels to good to say it out loud. . .



i live in louisville, ky and we caught a nice chunk of wind from hurricane ike this past sunday (9/14/08) which knocked out phones and power, and knocked down a ton of trees, including the one on my car.

its not just any car of course - its a 1981 mercedes 300d with 150k miles that my grandfather gave to my grandmother when he retired from wells fargo in '81. She drove it until the early 90's, when it was passed onto to my dad, who then passes it on to me this past july.

now, it is under a tree. the big question now is what to do? do we restore it or junk it? the consensus seems to be junking it so we are looking for someone who appreciates this mint car to take it off our hands. so if you are looking for a slightly used classic mercedes that needs a little body work, then this car is for you!

No comments: